MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
The primary objective of the MBA program is to create managers and leaders competent in strategic thinking, operational excellence, people management and self-development while also understanding the key components of sales, marketing, accounting, finance, HRM and organizational behavior.
The Master of Business Administration program provides future managers and leaders knowledge and competence in the following key areas of business: management and leadership, organizational behavior, business ethics, human resources management, international business, project management, business strategy, career planning and personal development.
It also develops marketing and sales skills, including: principles of marketing, marketing planning, digital marketing, international marketing, selling skills and sales management.
Later in the program, students learn about the fields of finance and economics, including the principles of finance, financial accounting, and managerial accounting, as well as microeconomics and macroeconomics.
Finally, students learn about creating new businesses, entrepreneurship, launching new ventures, innovation management, and pitching and negotiation skills.
Upon completion of the program a graduate will be able to:
Understand general management functions of planning, staffing, organizing, controlling, financing, leading, and utilizing resources for organizational success.
Utilize the tools and methodologies needed to solve marketing problems, including developing marketing plans and the use of various marketing strategies.
Understand economic theory and managerial issues at micro level, directed at consumer and firm behavior.
Apply theoretical knowledge to solve real-life problems through teamwork within the context of an active learning environment.
Understand concepts of accounting, financial accounting, the accounting cycle and its significance to business.
Master the different theories, approaches, and practices of leadership.
Analyze complex and dynamic business situations to develop feasible solutions, while taking ethical and social responsibility issues into consideration.
Formulate and implement business strategies and assess industry attractiveness in the competitive environment.
Master the different HR functions, including: job analysis, recruitment, selection, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and legal issues.
Understand concepts, theories, and practices of the behavioral sciences to help address the challenges of managing people within an organization and to bring out the best in them.
Use the latest theories, concepts, and practices of launching new ventures and developing business plans, as well as understanding the issues, challenges, and opportunities associated with pursuing new start-up ventures.
Learn more about the MBA program's courses, credits, and course descriptions.
The Master of Business Administration degree requires the completion of at least 60 semester units of graduate work, 36 of which must be taken at ABS. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) or better.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AN MBA PROGRAM
Earning an MBA degree from the Atlantic Business School offers many advantages:
• Multiple Career Paths – Graduates are equipped to confidently seek and secure opportunities within several functional areas of business such as: consulting, finance, consumer goods, technology, and healthcare. Their broad knowledge base also allows them to more flexibly shift from one industry and skill area to another, thus providing increased employment prospects and future professional opportunities within the private sector, government, and/or non-profit organizations.
• Improved Leadership Skills – MBA graduates leverage their advanced business and leadership skills to increase their probability of securing positions at a Senior Management level.
• Increased Salary Potential – Graduates with an MBA have access to higher earning potentials, even when entering new positions just after graduation.
• Paths to Entrepreneurship – Skills attained from the MBA program assist graduates with the process of starting their own businesses. Units of study in Entrepreneurship as well as a broad analysis of business operating functions across organizations provide essential start-up knowledge for those wishing to strike out on their own.
• Secure Positions at Top Firms - Employers seek successful MBA graduates for their business acumen, innovative thinking, and their abilities to help manage business challenges. They look for leaders that are energetic, technically capable, offer new perspectives, and demonstrate a large breadth of knowledge. They often experienced success with previous MBA graduates, and seek similar profiles and capabilities in new employees to support their organization’s ongoing growth.
To request more information:
Atlantic Business School Inc.
1340 Poydras Street, Suite 1770
New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
You can also request more information with this form: